Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Let's just throw out that kitchen design

Yes, the electrician and plumber are to start this week and this past weekend I threw out my kitchen design. I've had it for over a year! I planned on ordering cabinets this week so I put my kitchen layout on GardenWeb.com this weekend for final reviews (Wonderful site and lots of information. I cannot say enough great things about the kitchen forum). My range placement wasn't popular - main traffic path. Everyone wanted it moved. So I swapped my main sink with my range and all the cabinets that go with them. I think I have a better design - more prep area, bigger counters next to stove, bigger pathway for main traffic aisle (and not in front of stove), etc. My range is centered but not my main sink - just 10" off. What do you think? My design doesn't show upper cabinets - but I have them too.


I also ordered my stove, vent, blower, both dishwashers and 2 bathroom fans this week. I have a few more days to pick out the color of the range. I put the blower on hold until I can figure out if I'm going in line or external blower because of the new range position. I want to discuss this with my contractor first but he's taking a roof off a house for a few days. I'm trying to nail down my new staircase - I think I have decided on the balusters. I'll have a quote in a few days. Also still checking out columns for our mudroom entrance. One ridicuouls quote was $2100 for 2 columns. I'm a bit under the weather today. I stayed home and John put me on speaker phone during Lauren's parent -teacher conference. Lauren said "that's sure cool technology".

OK, the cabinet guy said we can have the trash cabinet open towards the dishwashers but we have to make the cabinet 21" deep. I took the 3 inches out of the next two cabinets and converted the bookshelves into a 4 drawer base. We'll have a bookcase in the mudroom for my cookbooks.





No comments:

Post a Comment