Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Our new foster family

I know, I know I should be updating my house blog. I've been running out of steam. We have a few more rooms painted and the office is almost done. Yes, we enjoyed a summer with the pool (but no landscaping - another issue). I want to share the cute pictures. June 2010 our beloved cat Lipton died from her diabetes. This past spring we fostered a mother cat and her 5 kittens for 3 months. We kept the mom, Valentina, and one kitten, Tuxedo. Enjoy.



Interesting facts: every kitten can have a different father - that's why the wide variety in the coloring of kittens. Snowball is part Simese. 80% of the orange tabbies are males. Calico or tortie cats (mom and mocha) are always female.


I would have loved to keep snowball and clemetine but our house is furnished for black pets (dark rugs, dark couches, dark bedspreads, dark counters...)
Lauren named the kittens - snowball, clemetine, mocha, bandit and tuxedo. Can you guess which is which?





This is what waited for us every time we came home. They were at the window next to the mudroom.

































No comments:

Post a Comment